Monday, October 31, 2011

@miriamq as Katy Perry for Halloween

I don't normally join Halloween festivities but some reason, I felt so excited dressing up for Halloween this year and geared up for the party my group of friends are planning at Republiq Club.

A few days left before the weekend and I finally decided on being Katy Perry in her Last Friday Night (TGIF) video!

Scoured the stores looking for neon colored skirt & blouse but most of the stuff that are out in the stores are from the fall collection so I had to make do with jewel tones to have a brightly colored top & a skirt.  I found a bright pink sweater (P995) from Mango and shortened it. I found the green skirt (P699) at the Lifestyle section at the 2nd floor of Powerplant Mall, made the skirt shorter and sewed on the zipper (P32.75) myself. I made sure I had different colored shoes as well. Had to spend extra for purple shoes (the pink ones didn't have my size anymore, boohoo)  but I thought it's reusable so it should be ok. The earrings were P50 from Rockwell Lifestyle section, bangles (P599) from a store at Hip in Rockwell. Bought a cheap pair of nerdy glasses (P149) from SM and wrapped packaging tape around the bridge part. Found a set of orange tumblers in SM home section for P100. I even tried to make fake braces from this youtuber using a paper clip and silver beads but couldn't find orthodontic gum that would keep them in my mouth... I lost them somehow at dinner over at my friend's place, but somehow pulled off the look with crimped hair courtesy of Jeffrey Robles, my hair & makeup artist. The result? See for yourself! Had so much fun putting it together!  And check out the hotties that Katie found! Happy Halloween!

 

Posted via email from MiriamQ's Universe

No comments: