Sunday, August 23, 2009

Modeling, Pageant Tips

Hi there!

I received this message on twitter from a follower, Martin Keith Nicholas aka Mhartiin and thought it best to answer through my blog so I can give a longer and better answer.

@miriamq hi ms Miriam =) any tips po for my sister?? she's also starting Modeling, and Pageant.? any Strong tips and Encouragements? Thx =)

Here are three tips in response to this question:

TIP # 1: WHAT'S YOUR PURPOSE?

Before joining the pageant, a competition, or joining any endeavor, first ask yourself, what's your purpose for doing it? What compelling reason will cause you to do it? Is it your dream? Why do you want it? What value is it to you? Do you want to be famous? rich? Could there be a reason for joining that can be greater that yourself? Help others? Be a role model?

When I made the decision to join, I had to pray and discern for a purpose.
God led me to these verses in the bible:

"No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light. For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from him." Luke 8:16-18

Let us acknowledge that our talents and resources are gifts from God. Our appreciation of these gifts is best expressed by our open gratitude to God and use of these talents for the good and to glorify His name. God wants to help us fulfill our dreams because he loves us and wants to make us happy. Have faith that He will direct and guide you in the fulfillment of your dreams and for the purpose that it is made. Shine for Jesus!

TIP # 2: FIND A SUPPORT SYSTEM

Enlist a friend or family member to support you in the fulfillment of your dream. In the same way that two heads are better than one, knowing that someone is there rallying behind you makes you feel stronger as you go toward your goals. You will feel supported when you have someone with whom you can share your experiences and successes with, give you advise or even correct you when you're not at your best self. Bottomline, it's just more fun to share the experience with someone.

TIP # 3: TAKE THE STEPS, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Produce pictures of yourself in light makeup for your initial portfolio. You can get a friend photographer to do this for you or walk into a studio and ask for some pictures to be taken for you. Submit your pictures to a modeling agency and sign up as one of their models. Take up modeling classes or acting workshops to enhance your skills. Watch out for auditions or casting calls in the newspaper or from your network/agency. Go to go-sees or casting calls and do your best. You may not be accepted right away. When that happens, remember that it doesn't mean you're ugly and there's something wrong about you. The casting agents are just looking for a look or something specific that they may have found in somebody else. It's a numbers game. The more go-sees you go to, the more chances of you getting a job.





1 comment:

iReNe_means_PEACE said...

Hi,

I know we havent formally met but I think we are related somehow. I googled you and youre such a beautiful person inside an out from what i see/hear from the articles or news etc. I love to sing and my parents have been supporting me since I was 4 yrs. old when they realized my passion for music. I was wondering if you can give me any advice as to what I should do next in order to pursue a career in the music industry whether it be here in CA or there in PI. I have been performing all over the bay area and I currently have a few small gigs around SFO. Nothing too big just mini venues where I can get a little exposure.

Thank you for reading sorry to bother you =p

Take care! hope youre having a great day =)

love,
Irene Grace Quiambao